Remember what we did for Mother’s Day? Well, let’s do the same for dads . . . listing all the things we love about him.
- him telling me that God is always with me
- how he loved being active with the family . . . playing golf and tennis, skiing, canoeing, fishing, sailing
- how fun he was to dance with and how he loved music . . . he even had his own dance band!
- how he’d listen to me play the piano
- a family vacation when he had all of us singing at the top of our lungs, arriving at midnight at our cousins in Ohio . . . this was to wake us up!
- the letters he’d write when I went away to college
- his kindness and caring with people
Let’s look again at Ephesians 6:2-3. “Honor your father and mother so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” Since dads are pretty cool, how about making a list of everything you love about him. Then give it to him, and you’re sure to get the biggest hug!