Remember what we did for Mother’s Day? Well, let’s do the same for dads! That is . . . listing all the things you love about him:)
- how he loved doing things with the family . . . playing golf and tennis, skiing, canoeing, fishing, sailing
- how fun he was to dance with and how he loved music . . . he even had his own dance band!
- how he’d listen to me play the piano
- a family vacation when he had all of us singing at the top of our lungs, arriving at midnight at our cousins’ in Ohio . . . This was to wake us up!
- the letters he’d write when I went off to college
- his kindness and caring with people
- him telling me that God’s always with me
Let’s look again at Ephesians 6:2-3. “Honor your father and mother so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” So go make your list and give it to him, and you’re sure to get a huge hug!